Fwd: HDF Bulletin: HDF5 1.8 Corruption Problem 2/26/10

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Feb 26 2010 - 14:29:51 MST

Hi all,

This is more information about an HDF5 bug that I alluded to recently.

This bug is farther-reaching than I realized, and may affect people
who are using NCL V5.1.1 *or* NCL 5.2.0-beta to write NetCDF files on
big-endian machines (IBM/AIX,
Sun/Solaris, Mac PPC, for example).

Please read the bulletin below from the HDF5 group about when this
bug shows up, and how to determine if you might have written a NetCDF
file affected by this.

I'm going to do some testing on this to see if I can recreate the bug
with a simple NCL script. I then plan to rebuild V5.1.1 on our big-
endian systems and provide a new binary if necessary.

If you think you are affected by this bug and want a new version of
V5.1.1, send me an email offline.

--Mary

Begin forwarded message: