unvalid latitude-longitude

From: <siswanto_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 07:57:52 MST

Dear All,
I tried to make a EOF analysis using SODA (0.5x0.5) and ERA40 (2.5x2.5)
data, but it resulted strange comments as attached below. I can produce
plot map from the original data, but not after EOF processes. It seems
that my problem lies on the coordinate problem. Does anybody deal with
these both data? I've checked the data using ncdump and it is containing
latitude and longitude information. I've tried several manipulation such
as convert the lat and lon into float by "doubletofloat" or in ERA40 is
"shrt2flt", but it didn't work either.

(0) check_for_y_lat_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain a valid
latitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
(0) A valid latitude coordinate array should have a 'units' attribute
equal to one of the following values:
(0) 'degrees_north' 'degrees-north' 'degree_north' 'degrees north'
'degrees_N' 'Degrees_north' 'degree_N' 'degreeN' 'degreesN' 'deg north'
(0) check_for_lon_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain a valid
longitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
(0) A valid longitude coordinate array should have a 'units' attribute
equal to one of the following values:
(0) 'degrees_east' 'degrees-east' 'degree_east' 'degrees east'
'degrees_E' 'Degrees_east' 'degree_E' 'degreeE' 'degreesE' 'deg east'
fatal:Subscript out of range, error in subscript #0

Siswanto
Climate and Environmental Physics siswanto@climate.unibe.ch
Physics Institute, University of Bern ph: +41 (0)31 631 48 71
Sidlerstrasse 5, 3012 Bern, Switzerland