Dynamic variable names

From: Ekin Akoglu <ekinakoglu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 07:32:25 MST

Dear Users,

I am reading data from netcdf file and there are many variables in it. I
would like to read all variables into NCL with the same name or appending a
prefix
to the variable names in the netcdf file. Below is my code:

blacksea = addfile("blacksea.nc","r") ; load netcdf file

names = getfilevarnames(blacksea) ; get variable namelist from file

do i=0, dimsizes(names)-1
    $names(1)$ = blacksea->$names(1)$ ; for all the variables
use the same name to import them into NCL
end do

but as you will guess it does not work. Could you help me to overcome this
problem?

Regards,

--
Ekin Akoglu