Re: Drawing wind barbs on a map

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 09:01:30 MST

Hi,

Jimmy is correct. The "wmbarb" and "wmbarbmap" routines draw the wind
barbs
right when they are called, and they are not attached to the map.
Hence, if
you have gsnMaximize set, the map will get resized, but the wind
barbs won't.

This is an unfortunate limitation of these routines. We do have it in
our "to do"
list to add the capability to generate wind barbs that you can attach
to a map.

If you are able to get your wind barb data into 2D arrays, then you
can use the
vector plotting routines with "vcGlyphStyle" set to "WindBarb".

See: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/barb.shtml

--Mary