Area average

From: Kim <r4rid_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Feb 27 2010 - 19:32:04 MST

Dear NCL users,
I want to calculate only the map area averaged and remove the area outside the map (sample Fig.attached). I don’t know how to calculate the required map area and remove the outside area?
Furthermore, how does calculate time vs lon and time series plot of only map area?
Is it correct if I use this function?
zArea = wgt_areaave_Wrap(z(:,{30:40},{60:72}),1.0,1.0,0)
but how I confirm it is only map area averaged(as indicated in Fig)? Kindly, your guidance regarding this will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
kim