Re: Contour plot with no axes ticks

From: Ekin Akoglu <ekinakoglu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 09 2010 - 06:39:33 MST

Mary,

Thank you for your suggestive code. Yes I did not mention it in my
previous mail but it used to give a warning as below:

warning:ContourPlotDraw: data boundary is out of range

Now I implemented your suggestion and it does not give that warning
anymore. However, NCL still does not draw x-y axes and tickmarks. I need
to work on that a little bit more I think.

And for Dave's code about reading netcdf data with dynamic variable
names, my suggestion would be enclosing variable names of netcdf file
between $$ symbols while reading data in order to avoid errors caused by
illegal characters such as dash (-) in variable names in the data file.
So line 78 in make-read-statements.ncl code of Dave will read like this:

stmts(i) = " " + vars(i) + " = " + file_var_name + "->" + "$" +
integertochar(34) + vars(i) + integertochar(34) + "$"

And since the variable name that will be created in NCL will also
contain this illegal character, one can avaoid it by writing a simple if
statement to remove illegal characters such as dashes.

Regards,

Ekin