Re: how to do definite integration over given levels

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Mar 12 2010 - 13:48:38 MST

Use dpres_plevel to get the layer thicknesses.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/dpres_plevel_Wrap.shtml
See Examples

Generically,

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

   diri = "./"
   fx = addfile(diri+"x.mon.mean.nc", "r")
   fp = addfile(diri+"pres.mon.mean.nc", "r")

  ;x = fx->X
   x = short2flt( fx->X ) ; if X is type short
   lev = fx->level

   ps = fp->pres

   ptop = 300
   dp = dpres_plevel(lev, ps, ptop, 0)