Problem with misaligned overlaid vectors for global plots

From: Khalia Hill <khalia_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 18 2010 - 08:57:49 MDT

Hi,

It would be great to get some help with this.

I am trying to plot NCAR or CCSM data and include the significance of
say for example SLP overlaid with wind vectors.

If I use gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map for the significant SLP and wind
vectors
and then overlay the vectors that aren't significant these vectors are
displaced slightly.

When I use the same method for regional areas there is no problem,
however plotting for the entire globe centred at the dateline I get this
displacement.

I am using mpLimitMode and mpCenterLonF for the base.

I hope you can help!

Kind regards,

Khalia