Re: NCL fails on AIX5.3

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Mar 26 2010 - 07:51:32 MDT

Rajesh,

Some folks have been having problems with the pwr6 specific binaries
that we have. They were
compiled last June, so it's possible there was some update that
causes an incompatible change.

Meanwhile, I have a "common" binary that you can try, that has worked
for other folks.

To get the file:

ftp ftp.ucar.edu
<login as "anonymous">
<use your email address as the password>
cd pub/scd/haley
get ncl_ncarg-5.1.1.AIX_5.3_com_64.tar.gz
quit

Once you have the file, the installation instructions are the same as
before:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml

--Mary