Re: equal area projection

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 23 2010 - 12:54:39 MDT

This sounds similar to a grid used by ISCCP (see http://isccp.giss.nasa.gov/docs/mapgridinfo.html)
. NCL can plot this sort of grid directly using the triangular mesh
method if you simply pass in the data and lat/lon locations as 1D
arrays. I am attaching some sample ISCCP data and an NCL script that
plots it. It does reveal a limitation with the plotting method: on a
global Cylindrical Equidistant projection the edges do not fill out
completely at the corners and the poles. It looks better in an
orthographic projection.
  -dave

You will need to modify the script a bit to get it to read the file in
the current directory and plot to your preferred workstation.
  -dave

On Mar 23, 2010, at 12:05 PM, Lei Meng wrote