rcm2rgrid questions

From: Eric D Robinson <edrobins_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 25 2010 - 12:35:59 MDT

Dennis,
  I am working with the rcm2rgrid function from NCL and wanted a little
more information about how the routine does the interpolation. It says
simple inverse distance weighting, but does it use all of the points in
the domain for this, or just some within a radius of influence? Also, I
found a couple of variations of this technique that sometimes use
different denominators for the weighting function in order to give even
more emphasis to locations closest to the point on the new grid. Does
the routine do anything like this? Is it possible to point me to the
code? Thanks!

-Eric

--
*Eric D. Robinson*