Re: clustering using NCL

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 11 2010 - 13:02:43 MST

To my knowledge, nobody has implemented any clustering
algorithm in NCL.

fortran code that performs the K-means cluster is at:

http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~burkardt/f_src/spaeth/spaeth.html
http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~burkardt/f77_src/asa136/asa136.html
http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~burkardt/f_src/asa136/asa136.html

  ASA058 is also available in a C++ version and a FORTRAN90 version
and a MATLAB version.

ASA113 is a FORTRAN77 library which implements the Banfield and Bassill
clustering algorithm using transfers and swaps.

ASA136 is a FORTRAN77 library which implements the Hartigan and Wong
clustering algorithm.

CITIES is a FORTRAN90 library which contains various problems associated
with a set of "cities" on a map.

CITIES is a dataset directory which contains sets of data defining
groups of cities.

KMEANS is a FORTRAN90 library which contains several different
algorithms for the K-Means problem.

LAU_NP is a FORTRAN90 library which contains heuristic algorithms for
the K-center and K-median problems.

SPAETH is a FORTRAN90 library which clusters data according to various
principles.

SPAETH is a dataset directory which contains sets of test data for
clustering.

SPAETH2 is a FORTRAN90 library which clusters data according to various
principles.

SPAETH2 is a dataset collection which contains sets of test data for
clustering.

On 03/11/2010 03:28 AM, Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just wonder that is there anybody who implement clustering algorithm
> using NCL. I look at the NCL site but i could not find any example about it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --ufuk

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |