Re: Display map near 180deg E/W

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 20 2010 - 23:45:53 MDT

Hi Wee-Beng Tay,

One thing you need to do is set mpCenterLonF to 180 where your data is
centered. The other thing that might be helpful (assuming your west
longitude values are actually stored as negative numbers) is to
convert your longitude values to the range 0-360 so that there is not
a discontinuous jump between 179 E and -179 (W). You can use the
'where' function on your longitude array(s):

lon = where(lon .lt. 0, lon +180, lon)

Hope this helps.
  -dave