Re: bars instead markers

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 19 2010 - 16:37:48 MDT

Debasish,

I don't think we have a specific example of doing bars with
different widths and heights, but I think you can easily use
gsn_polygon or better, gsn_add_polygon to attach the
different sized bars to the plot.

See example "polyg_12" or "draworder_4" at:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/draworder.shtml

There's an example of drawing a histogram on top of a
plot, but since you want bars of different widths, this
is probably not going to help much:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/histo.shtml#ex9

--Mary