Re: Can get1Dindex find repeat values?

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 19 2010 - 16:17:33 MDT

To me it looks like "ii" was previously defined. Try

   delete(ii)

or, for debugging,

   if (isvar("ii")) the
       print("variable ii exists")
       delete(ii)
   else
       print("I have no idea why you would get that message")
   end if

On 04/19/2010 03:48 PM, Bridget Thrasher wrote:
> I am getting an error when using the get1Dindex function, and I'm not
> sure why:
>
> These lines of code:
>
> printVarSummary(doy20cf)
> printVarSummary(doybuff)
> ii = get1Dindex(doy20cf,doybuff)
>

> Give me this:
>
> Variable: doy20cf
> Type: integer
> Total Size: 14612 bytes
> 3653 values
> Number of Dimensions: 1
> Dimensions and sizes: [3653]
> Coordinates:
>
> Variable: doybuff
> Type: integer
> Total Size: 124 bytes
> 31 values
> Number of Dimensions: 1
> Dimensions and sizes: [31]
> Coordinates:
>
> fatal:Dimension sizes on right hand side of assignment do not match
> dimension sizes of left hand side
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 1083 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 140 in file BCDaily.ncl
>

> There are repeat values in doy20cf (0-364 repeated many times), so that
> get1Dindex should find the 31 numbers of interest (doybuff)
> approximately 10 times each. Could that be causing the problem?
>
> -Bridget
>

> --
> Bridget Thrasher, PhD
> Postdoctoral Researcher
> Climate Central
> www.climatecentral.org <http://www.climatecentral.org>

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |