Re: WRF: Relative vorticity and Divergence

From: Mateus Teixeira <mateus.teixeira_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Apr 18 2010 - 11:44:29 MDT

Dear Sahidul,

You can calculate relative vorticity and divergence with uv2vr_cfd and
uv2dv_cfd, respectively. Please take a look at

uv2dv_cfd -> for divergence
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/uv2dv_cfd.shtml

uv2vr_cfd -> for vorticity
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/uv2vr_cfd.shtml

Examples for Vorticity
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/vort.shtml

I hope that it helps you.

Best regards,

Mateus

2010/4/18 Sahidul <sahidul@gmail.com>

> NCL Users,
>
> We have WRF forecast files, saved in 1 hour interval having total 88 files.
> We want contour plot for "Relative Vorticity" and "Divergence" every hour.
>
> Is there any function or Script for calculating "Relative Vorticity" and
> "Divergence" ?
>
> Thanking you,

Mateus da Silva Teixeira
Meteorologista
Instituto de Pesquisas Meteorológicas - IPMet
Universidade Estadual Paulista - UNESP
Av. Luis Edmundo Carrijo Coube, 14-01 - Cx. Postal 281 - CEP 17033-360
Bauru - SP - Brasil
Fone: +55 14 3103-6030 / fax: 3203-3649