Re: Problem about eps to Openoffice.org

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 29 2010 - 10:03:29 MDT

I'm curious, were you able to insert a .eps file into Impress using
ncl-5.1.1?

One easy way to get around this is to use Image Magick's convert command
to convert the .eps or .ps file into a gif or .jpg:

convert -density 144 -trim in.eps out.gif

I use a density of 144 for powerpoint figures and 288 for figures that
are likely to be printed. -trim removes the white space from around the
figure.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

Good luck,
Adam

On 04/29/2010 02:16 AM, BC wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I use Openoffice.org Impress to make a powerpoint . When I insert a eps
> that produced by ncl-5.2.0, Openoffice.org Impress, an error " unknown
> type of Imagin" ? How can I solve this problem?
>

> Thank you !

Adam Phillips
asphilli@ucar.edu
National Center for Atmospheric Research   tel: (303) 497-1726
Climate and Global Dynamics Division         fax: (303) 497-1333
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cas/asphilli