thermoclinae depth

From: <siswanto_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 29 2010 - 09:03:31 MDT

Dear all NCL-ers,

I wonder if there some of you experience with extracting thermocline depth
from CCSM3 output. I have a data (time,z_t,lat,lon) and wanted to pick up
depth from certain subsurface temperature and make spatial map afterward.
(Deser et.al, 2006 have choosen 15 deg C as a reference Temp), but in my
case, from the equatorial vertical-temperature profile is around 19 - 20.
Perhaps, there is another opininion to define thermocline depth and the
technique to do so. I tried already using ferret to isolate i,e depth of
14 - 15 degC, and it does something..but the question, then probably I'll
loss data where the steeper gradient was.
Looking forward to enlightment

Cheers,

Siswanto
Climate and Environmental Physics siswanto@climate.unibe.ch
Physics Institute, University of Bern ph: +41 (0)31 631 48 71
Sidlerstrasse 5, 3012 Bern, Switzerland