Re: what is the difference between gsn_contour and gsn_csm_contour

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 05 2010 - 16:14:25 MDT

Hi Guangshan,

You are running into a problem that we fixed in V5.2.0, but unfortunately I can't find a description of it online. The bug was with using coordinate arrays in special cases (I'm not sure what the special case is, but Dave Brown can elaborate).

The reason the white space doesn't show up with gsn_contour, is because this routine doesn't check to see if you have coordinate arrays, and it simply doesn't use them.

gsn_csm_contour, however, will use your coordinate arrays to define your X and Y axis.

I thought you were running V5.2.0, however? Let me know if you are, and still seeing this problem. I just tried your code here,

and the plots look fine in both cases (thanks for providing script and data).

--Mary