wind barb tip point

From: Joe Grim <grim_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 04 2010 - 10:24:15 MDT

Good morning,

I have been trying to figure out how to change how wind barbs are
plotted. Right now I am using gsn_csm_vector to plot pairs of vectors
on a contour plot (see
http://www.joeandfrede.com/contour_vector_map.gif). On the current
plot, the wind barbs are situated so that the middle of the wind barb is
centered on the data point. However, I would prefer that the tips of
the wind barbs be the data point, so that each pair of wind barbs in the
attached plot would have the same tip. Do you know if this is possible
to do with NCL?

Thanks!

Joe Grim