Re: Can I remove the continent outline in polar projection plot?

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 26 2010 - 09:07:56 MDT

Hi Eddy,
To remove the continental outlines, set mpOutlineOn = False

As far as changing the polar labels to go from 0:360 instead of from
180W:180E, I know of no way to do this. Hopefully someone else knows a
way... To turn the tickmarks off, set gsnTickMarksOn = False.
Adam

On 05/25/2010 11:43 AM, eddycarl wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm wondering if there is a way to remove the background continent
> outline within the polar stereographic projection plot? And how can I
> change the tickmark label on polar plot (such as the default is 180w -
> 180E, and I would like 0 - 360.)? The reason why I want to do the above
> is that I am plotting a similar data as the usual ones, which also have
> two dimensions (0-180 degree and 0-360 degree), but do not have the
> meaning of lat/lon. Thus, the map outline is not needed and longitude
> tickmark is not applicable.
>
> Thanks,
> -Eddy

Adam Phillips
asphilli@ucar.edu
National Center for Atmospheric Research   tel: (303) 497-1726
Climate and Global Dynamics Division         fax: (303) 497-1333
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cas/asphilli