How to interpolate missing values of a 2d (lat/lon) variable?

From: Erwan Monier <emonier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 19 2010 - 14:52:32 MDT

Hi,

I have a 2d variable (lat/lon) with some missing values. I would like
to interpolate the missing values using nearest neighbors and possibly
iteratively until all points are filled. I have tried using linmsg but
since it only uses the rightmost dimension, it yields unrealistic
results. I have tried to play with cssgrid but keep on getting error
messages:

CSGETSI - error 12, duplicate input points.
Error number -2 returned from c_cssgridd
fatal:cssgrid: Error number -2.

I am not sure what the best way would be. Could you please give me
some suggestions?
Thank you in advance,

Erwan