Re: vertical plot

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 19 2010 - 08:35:01 MDT

Hi Mike

It is not clear to me what you are looking for ...
"vertical profile" or "vertical cross-section"

    x = f->X(:,:,{lats:latN},{lonL:lonR)) ; (time,lev,lat,lon)
    ps = f->PS(:,{lats:latN},{lonL:lonR)) ; (time,lat,lon)

    lev = x&lev ; nominal pressure levels (:)
    LEV = conform(x,lev,1) ; (ntim,klev,nlat,mlon)
    PS = conform(x, ps, (/2,3/))

    x = where(PS.lt.LEV, x@_FillValue, x)

The above will set all levels less than the surface pressure to _fillValue

Cross sections can be plotted for each time.
You could also average acroos times for climatologies.

Vertical profiles: Perform areal averages at each time step.