Re: Plotting idealized WRF Single-Column Model (SCM)variables using NCL

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 10:30:12 MDT

I agree. Pretty basic stuff. I mangled the WRF "Contours" example 4 at

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wrf.shtml

to create the "SCM" example.

===
The WRF project [not NCL] provides:

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/NCL_examples.htm

The SkewT could be used on the SCM data.

wrf_Height; This shows a spatial plot but it could be used as a basis
for interpolating the SCM to user specified height or pressure levels

Good Luck

On 05/14/2010 09:52 AM, Justin Traiteur wrote:

> On May 14, 2010, at 10:45 AM, Hacker, Joshua (Josh) (CIV) wrote:
>
>> There is no base code for this. It is simple and does not require any
>> mapping.
>>
>> Josh

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |