How to calculate cumulative probability distribution with NCL

From: Yan Bao <ybao2009_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 11 2010 - 17:15:09 MDT

Hi, NCL group,
     I'm a little urgent, but does any one know how to use ncl to make
cumulative probability distribution curve? I have an array as XY( nt,
nlat, nlon), and want to make a exceedance probality. I asked the questions
before, but no one answered. Maybe I should use cpdf_bin for doing that (see
webpage in
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/cdfbin_p.shtml) ,but
still cannot figure out how to match the variables in the function with my
data.

     Thanks for help.

     Yan