[Fwd: MOC plot]

From: <siswanto_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 11:08:12 MDT

attached fig for question 2.
Subject: MOC plot
From: siswanto@climate.unibe.ch
Date: Fri, June 4, 2010 7:06 pm
To: ncl-talk@ucar.edu

Dear NCL users,

I have a problem in plotting MOC from CCSM3 model output as attached fig
in file 1. I want to plot x-axis as regular spacing latitude, but somehow,
since the MOC variable has lat_aux_grid (which has different box spacing
along its latitude, I guess, it produces a weird latitude). So here I post
some of my questions :
1. How to bring it back into regular latitude spacing?
2. Since MOC variable in the CCSM3 has only calculated MOC for Atlantic
ocean and Global ocean. Am I doing right if I just subtract Global with
Atlantic MOC to obtain Pacific + Indian ocean MOC ? Does anybody know any
references about or experience to calculate Pacific MOC? I did a kind of
Eulerian MOC calculation for Pacific as documented in the NCL homepage by
using variable VVEL, but I'm not pretty sure with the result.
Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks

Siswanto
Climate and Environmental Physics siswanto@climate.unibe.ch
Physics Institute, University of Bern ph: +41 (0)31 631 48 71
Sidlerstrasse 5, 3012 Bern, Switzerland