new PNG output

From: Joe Grim <grim_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 03 2010 - 15:32:09 MDT

Hi,

I was wondering if you could tell me how the new PNG output is created
in NCL 5.2.0? Is it first created in a vector graphics format (e.g.,
cgm) and then converted to PNG internally? Or is it created natively,
skipping a conversion step?

The reason I ask this question is that I work on a project that
currently uses NCL and RIP to create thousands of vector graphics files,
and then we need to convert them all using ImageMagick's "convert"
program. If the newest version of NCL skips the conversion step in
creating the PNG files, this might save us a lot of computing time.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Joe Grim

--
NCAR - RAL