problem about X display for ncl-5.2.0

From: Xuguang Sun <sunxg007_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 03 2010 - 09:52:03 MDT

Dear all,

 I used the precompiled ncl-5.2.0 for linux at my workstation, after I set the NCARG_ROOT, I run 'ng4ex gsun01n' for test. However, I got the following errors, how to solve this problem? Thanks.

[ncl]$ ng4ex gsun01n

NCAR Graphics NCL Example <gsun01n>

This example was set up to display the output to an
X11 window.

  Copying gsun01n.ncl

Running NCL...
 Copyright (C) 1995-2010 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.2.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
warning:GKS:GOPWK: --X driver error: error opening display
warning:GKS:GESC: --SPECIFIED WORKSTATION IS NOT OPEN
fatal:Workstation with PID#8 is not open
fatal:Unable to open Workstation-Can't Create
fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
fatal:_NhlCreate:Invalid Parent id #-4
fatal:NhlGetValues:PID #-4 is invalid
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 10409 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/gsun/gsn_code.ncl

fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 11

Finished running 'ncl < gsun01n'...