NCL WRAPIT question

From: JEFFREY JOSEPH WATERS <jjw348_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 14:25:31 MDT

To Whom it May Concern,
After following the NCL tutorial on how to WRAP a Fortran function, I recently
tried to WRAP a Fortran77 subroutine (part of the file PotentialIntensity.f)
using the -g77 compiler and the following message came up:

Entered this statement in the terminal: WRAPIT -g77 PotentialIntensity.f

Resulting message:
WRAPIT Version: 091416
COMPILING PotentialIntensity.f
LINKING
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lg2c
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
END WRAPIT

I don't really know what this message means, but it may have to do with NCL
having trouble finding the appropriate library to successfully compile my
subroutine file. So, I have 2 questions regarding this issue:

1. What is the significance of this error message?
2. If it is indeed a library issue, what is the library path I need in order
for this file to compile. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff Waters
Graduate Student
Department of Meteorology
Penn State University '11