Using Resource Files: ncl.res and name.res

From: Álvaro M. Valdebenito B. <alvaro.valdebenito_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 16 2010 - 03:13:16 MDT

Hi,

I am looking for information about how to set the default resources for
all scripts on a given directory.

According to
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclGraphics.shtml#resources
I should be able to do this by writing the defaults on a file named
"ncl.res" and place it on the directory from were I run ncl.
Well, I have tired this, and it does not work...

According to
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/HLUs/User_Guide/hluimplmt/rescfiles.shtml
I can set a Users Application Specific Resource file ("name.res").
Here I can only guess that "name.res" is actually
"name_of_the_application.res", and that it should be located in the same
directory as the application, or in the directory from were I run ncl.
None of these options have work either.

I have searched the website for additional information, without much
success.

What am I missing?
Is there more info elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Alvaro.

--
Álvaro M. Valdebenito B., Dr. rer. nat.       alvaro.valdebenito@met.no
Air Pollution Section/Research Department     Tel. +47-2296 3397