Re: persistent "z" letter on plots

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 22 2010 - 12:44:45 MDT

Hi Ekin,
NCL automatically (for the gsn_csm_* plotting routines) will use the
long_name attribute of the input array to be plotted as the
gsnLeftString subtitle.

For instance, if you are going to plot array "arr", and arr@long_name =
"z", then NCL will set gsnLeftString = arr@long_name ; = "z"

To stop that from happening, either delete the long_name (
delete(arr@long_name) ), or, set gsnLeftString = ""
Adam