Question on Wave number frequency spectra

From: gibies george <gibiesgeorge_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 09 2010 - 04:35:14 MDT

NCL Users,

I have two questions regarding wave number frequency spectra:

First Question: I want to calculate the wave number frequency spectrum for
each season. So I used example10
(mjoclivar_10.ncl) in the MJO clivar..But in that example X axis is
frequency (-0.05 to 0.05) and Y axis is wave number..But actually I want
wave number in X axis ( varies from -15 to 15) and period in Y-axis. So what
are the changes I want to make for that..?

 Second Question: can I use the same example for calculating spectra for
north south direction by giving x(time,lat) as the input to
mjo_wavenum_freq_season function. So that fft can be apply to latitude..

Thanking you in advance

Gibies George,CSIR-RF,
Climate and Global Modelling Division,
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road,
NCL (P. O.), Pashan,
Pune 411008, India.

http://sites.google.com/site/gibiesge/

Think about the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless it is
necessary.