Track more than one storms

From: Paula Doubrawa Moreira <pmoreira_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 30 2010 - 13:43:24 MDT

Hello all,

I'm modifying this storm track example (
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/WRF_track_1.ncl) to plot some
storm trajectories.

However, there are *3 storms* that I want to track in my domain, and the
functions used in this script only identify 1 minimum in sea level pressure
for each time record. So what I get is a funky trajectory for first storm in
the first time records - which is fine. Then another storm enters the domain
and is deeper than the former, so the script stops tracking that one and
starts tracking the new one. And it doesn't recognize a 3rd storm that shows
up on the last time records because it is not as deep as the 2nd one.

I'd like my script to identify and track all these 3 minima: the first one
since the first time record; the first and second starting on an x record
where the 2nd shows up and; all 3 when the final one gets in the picture. Is
there a way of assigning an "x" value to be like a threshold for determining
what are my minima centers? And is there a way to track these minima at the
same time?

I have tried local_min and local_min_1d functions to get more than 1 min at
each time but I'm getting errors and I'm not sure this is the right
procedure.

Can anyone give any tips?

--
Paula Doubrawa Moreira