How can I use equivalent latitudes?

From: Runde, Theresa <Theresa.Runde_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 29 2010 - 08:16:21 MDT

Hello,

I have a big problem with handling equivalent latitudes and using them
on a regular grid for plotting. I calculated equivalent latitudes and
now I have an equivalent latitude array of equlat=equlat(time,lat,lon)
for each potential temperature level. That means: my new (equivalent)
latitudes are 3 dimensional.

Now I want to plot (for example) potential vorticity (PV) dependent on
these new equivalent latitudes (to get a zonally symmetric polar vortex).
At the moment my PV field is also 3 dimensional (time x lat x lon), but
regular (latitudes and longitudes are always the same). How can I
transform my PV field (time x lat(1d) x lon) to a PV field (time x
equivalent lats(3d) x lon) and plot this? The time dependence is necessary.

Thank you for your help,
Theresa Runde