Tropopause overlay

From: Dan Barrie <dbarrie_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jul 18 2010 - 15:19:14 MDT

Dear NCL users,

What is the recommended procedure for overlaying a line indicating the
location of the tropopause on a height-latitude plot of temperature?

I used the trop_wmo function to find the pressure level of the
tropopause, and I then used closest_val_AnyOrder to convert the output
pressure level of the tropopause back to the grid point level value.
Because the contour plot has coordinates of level vs. latitude, I tried
overlaying an xy plot where the x values were latitude and the y values
were level on top of the contour figure. That approach did not work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Dan