Re: Problem with common label bar and gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_polar panel plot

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jul 15 2010 - 15:44:39 MDT

Hi Eowyn,
I believe you've found a bug. I copied your resource list and used some
data I have here, and I see the same thing you are seeing: the panel
label bar drawing is just weird. There is no way to get it without
drawing a label bar for at least one of the panels.

Here's the work around:
Before you create plot(3), add the following 2 lines:
   res@lbLabelBarOn = True
   res@pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF = 0.30

This effectively pushed the label bar created for the 4th plot off of
the page, and you're left with the panel label bar. I'll send an example
of this to the ncl developers...
Adam