Re: isfilepresent function

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 08:32:51 MDT

Hi Mateus,

This certainly wasn't an expected result, but yes, it does seem to work this way.

I hestitate to include this in the documentation, because we may decide
later to use a different algorithm, and if so, it could change it to checking for
files only. We can always create a "isdirpresent" if we get to this point.

Note that it won't work this way if you are using an "http:" address to access the file.
In this, case, NCL explicitly checks for the http *file* to be present.

--Mary