Min and max values plotted?

From: Emilie Vanvyve <evanvyve_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Aug 11 2010 - 09:52:46 MDT

ncl-talk@ucar.edu

Hello,

Just a quick question about the minimum and maximum values plotted on a graph. My graph is a cross-section of a variable along the latitude (X axis) and the height (Y axis). On the graph, I limit the extent of the Y axis (ground to a given height in meters) by using the resources @trYMaxF = a given value. It is easier and faster than restricting the vertical dimension of the variable to a given range (I don't want to work out which sigma levels corresponds to that given height), especially since I make this graph for various "given heights" and various datasets which differ by their number of vertical levels.

It works well, but when I use the functions "min" and "max", they provide (as expected) the minimum and maximum values over the entire range of my variable (i.e. entire vertical extent rather then displayed vertical extent). I would like these values to correspond to what is shown on the graph. Is there any (easy) way to do this other than by restricting the z indices of my variable?

Emilie