RE: [ncl-talk] Panel plot NDC placement

From: <Oliver.Fuhrer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 12 2010 - 11:09:37 MDT

Mary,

Thanks for you comment. Basically I understand what you are saying. NCL
places the panel plot into the rectangle specified by
gsnPanel[Left/Right/Top/Bottom]. It does this by shrinking/expanding the
plot until it fits along _both_ dimensions. This will mean that the plot
fits snugly into the rectangle along one dimension. Along the other it
_centers_ the plot.

Now, if I decrease the size of the rectangle in one direction until it
is the direction which constrains the size of the plot, of course it
will be aligned on both sides. What I was looking for was a resource
that would control the alignment along the _other_ dimension, where NCL
up to now makes the choice of centering the plot.

I hope this was somehow clear...

Kind regards,
Oli

Oliver Fuhrer
Numerical Models

Federal Departement of Home Affairs FDHA
Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss

Kraehbuehlstrasse 58, P.O. Box 514, CH-8044 Zurich, Switzerland

Tel. +41 44 256 93 59
Fax +41 44 256 92 78
oliver.fuhrer@meteoswiss.ch
www.meteoswiss.ch - First-hand information