scatter plot

From: JEFFREY JOSEPH WATERS <jjw348_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 14:16:56 MDT

NCL,
I am having some trouble creating a scatter plot at the moment. I have brought
in the following variables from a NetCDF file:

1. outgoing longwave radiation (OLR)
2. surface temperature (TS)

Each variable has the same dimension sizes (ntime * nlatitude * nlongitude).
What I'm trying to do is make a scatter plot with OLR as a function of TS over
the entire time period (12 time steps), but I keep getting tripped up. My
original idea was to create a new array with TS in the "x" dimension and OLR in
the "y" dimension, and for each time step, lat and lon, I would record teh
corresponding TS and OLR, but that was not working in my NCL script. Any
feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Jeff Waters
Graduate Student
Department of Meteorology
Penn State University '11