Multiple overlays on contour map

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 17 2010 - 00:56:18 MDT

Example 2 on the "Contours overlaid on contours" page on the NCL website shows
how to use gsn_csm_contour_map_overlay to plot two sets of contours on a map.

Is there a way to overlay three or more sets of contours on a map? The
function takes two sets of data, rather than one set of data and an existing
graphic, so I don't see any way to chain it.

I want to fill-contour some topographic data and then overplot the boundaries
of several sub-regions, each of which is defined by its own netcdf mask file.
 The regions don't overlap, so I suppose I could add the masks together and
overplot their union, but I was wondering if there was a more loop-oriented way
to do it.

Thanks!

--Seth McGinnis