Re: "Cropped" image when plotting with eof_1.ncl.

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 17 2010 - 11:48:52 MDT

It is not possible to help with the vague description provided.

Did you do a "printVarSummary" on the input array? Also,
the array after "lonFlip"? Did you specify the {min/max} lat/lon
for the plot?

On 08/17/2010 11:04 AM, Gabriel Silvério wrote:
> I've been using a modified version of the eof_1.ncl script available on
> the NCL website
> (http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/eof_1.ncl), with
> modifications on the variables and coordinates, so I can use it with my
> dataset. I get no errors when running the script, but the final plot
> gets "cropped" at -10 longitude. My dataset is supposed to display data
> between 65w and 20e longitudes, but it only displays between 10w and
> 20e. I assumed it had something to do with the lonFlip function, but
> when I removed it, I got the following error:
>
> fatal:Subscript out of range, error in subscript #1
>
> Thanks!

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |