Problem with WRF Diagnostics in current NCL version

From: Manisha Ganeshan <manisha.ganeshan86_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Aug 25 2010 - 09:25:26 MDT

Hi,

I am trying to run a script in the current version of NCL (5.2.1) using the
'wrf_user_getvar' function to calculate 'cape_3d'.
Unfortunately, I get an error message as follows:

*fatal:Either file (nc_file) isn't defined or variable (cape_3d) is not a
variable in the file
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 543 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl

fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 12 in file cin.ncl

*Could you please let me know the reason for the same, and how can I rectify
it?

Thank You,
Manisha