problem selection from array with {}

From: mark collier <Mark.Collier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 01:35:12 MDT

Hi,
I am having trouble selecting data from an array using the {} notation,

rain_selection = rain[:]->rain({onetimeM15},::2,::2)

where rain[:] was generated with the addfiles command.

the message I get is:

fatal:NclOneDValGetClosestIndex: finish coordinate index out of range,
can't continue
Segmentation fault

I have checked carefully the values of onetimem15 to see that it
actually exists in the input data sets.

I have converted onetimeM15 to a date using ut_calendar and it gives a
date that exists within the valid dates of the inputs.

$ ncl -V
5.2.0
$ uname -a
Linux xe 2.6.27.49-1.8.3a #1 SMP Sat Aug 7 18:34:24 EST 2010 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I use the {} method quite a lot and generally feel confident with it,
and it is just with one set of inputs that it fails - in my case I
select from the NCEP or ERA-Interim reanalysis without any difficulty.

I have tried in 5.1.1 with the same error. I have tried interactively
and on a batch queue with the same result.

The script is quite involved and I hesitate to send it in. However, I
am trying to isolate the problem in a smaller version of the script.

Regards,
Mark.