Re: How to convert a certain number to binary?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 14 2010 - 10:29:27 MDT

Hi Longtao,

Thanks for clarifying this offline.

We don't have a function specifically to do this, but you could do it using a UNIX command executed with "systemfunc". Here's a sample function and main code that calls it:

function dectobin(dec_num:integer)
local dq, cmd
begin
;---Double quote character
  dq = str_get_dq()

;---UNIX command that converts decimal to binary
  cmd = "echo " + dq + "ibase=10;obase=2;" + dq + dec_num + " | bc "

;---Execute UNIX command and return an integer
  return(toint(systemfunc(cmd)))
end

; Main code
;---Decimal number to convert