Re: NCL not compiling with intel compiler 64

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 07:24:54 MDT

Hi Norbert,

The problem is that "ifort" bombed on trying to compile this file:

$NCARG/ncarg2d/src/libncarg/conpack/cpblda.f

ifort -O2 -c -o cpblda.o cpblda.f
cpblda.f(1463): error #5149: Illegal character in statement label field [a]
at
^
cpblda.f(1463): error #5149: Illegal character in statement label field [t]
at
-^
cpblda.f(1823): error #5149: Illegal character in statement label field [s]
s are between 0. and 1.

This goes on for a bit.

These errors caused the core graphics library, "libncarg.a", to not get built, which
in turn caused several other things not to get built, including ncl.

I'm not very familiar with the ifort compiler, but I don't have this problem on a 64-bit Linux
system using ifort. What version of ifort do you have?

Please email me the cpblda.f file so I can make sure it was generated correctly.

--Mary