2D linear grid interpolation

From: Nikola Marjanovic <nikola_marjanovic_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 01 2010 - 13:02:59 MDT

I have data points distributed randomly throughout my domain. I want to
create contour plots with that data by linearly interpolating between
the points on my 2-D domain. Is there a function in NCL that does this?
I don't want to use natgrid or dsgrid functions because they don't use
linear interpolation and they extrapolate values outside my group of
points (not just between them) to fill my domain. A similar function
would be griddata in Matlab.

Thanks for your help,
Nikola Marjanovic