NCL library for creating Google Earth kml and kmz files

From: Ryan Pavlick <ryan.pavlick_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Sep 13 2010 - 16:22:44 MDT

NCLers,

I am developing an NCL library for creating kml/kmz files to visualize
geographic data in Earth browsers (e.g. Google Earth).

You can see my progress so far along with several example scripts and
output files at: http://github.com/rpavlick/kmlncl

This is very much an alpha release. It has plenty of bugs and limited
documentation. Nor is it feature complete.

Most KML elements are basically working though (Document, Folder,
Placemark, Point, LineString, Polygon, GroundOverlay, ScreenOverlay,
PhotoOverlay, NetworkLink, LookAt, Camera, some Style elements).

If you find bugs or have feature ideas, just respond to this thread in
ncl-talk (I hope this is ok with the admins). There is also an issue
tracker on the github project page. Although, I make no promises
about speedy responses, this is a spare-time project.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Pavlick
Doctoral Student
Biospheric Theory and Modellling Group
Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry
mail: P.O. Box 10 01 64, D-07701 Jena, Germany
email: rpavlick@bgc-jena.mpg.de
web: http://gaia.mpg.de