Pass a string to NCL from within a c-shell variable?

From: <Maurice.McHugh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 05:38:36 MDT

Dear NCL-ers,

I have a c-shell script in which I pass available to a NCL script as command line. NCL doesn’t appear to see the string contained in the variable, and has trouble interpreting the $.
Alternatives I could use include passing the string as an ENV or by writing the strings to a text file, but neither seem particularly elegant.

Shell code snippet:
ncl inFile=$outFile.tmp.nc outFile=$outFile.nc ./hybrid2Pres.ncl
/code

Can anyone suggest how I pass a string to NCL from within a c-shell variable?

Many thanks,

Maurice