map label bar

From: Fang, Fan (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] <fan.fang-1_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Oct 14 2010 - 16:55:13 MDT

Using the gsn_csm_contour_map_ce() function, the main plot and the label bar does not seem to scale in the same way. I ran the attached files like

ncl plotmap.ncl 'input="/var/tmp/quikscat_u_v_2009-02-14_00_00:00.nc"' 'output="
/var/tmp/testmap"'

The label bar at the bottom was bumped off the chart unless I use something like:

res@mpShapeMode = "FreeAspect" ; fixed aspect ratio; skewing map
res@vpWidthF = 0.8
res@vpHeightF = 0.6

But a fixed aspect ratio is not really desired.

Since the main plot scaled to fit into the view port, I suspect the label bar is somehow detached from the same scaling. Any easy way to fix this if I need the label bar?

Thanks.

-Fan